From colourful coats and wonderful wrap-ups to biker jackets and edgy military styles, this season’s coats are the most instant (and effective) way to get your wardrobe up-to-date in a flash!
So, as the cold weather arrives, make sure you’re prepared with one of this season’s new ‘it’ cover-ups. Here’s the top 5 coats styles that rocked on the A/W fashion runways, and that are hitting stores now:
5) In fifth place is the cool, classic and ever so easy-to-wear boyfriend jacket. Spied at Stella McCartney’s show, the boyfriend jacket remains big news this season. Wear it over dresses and with jeans alike. Vogue and Grazia recommend you play up to the ‘80s influence and wear the jacket open, over-sized and with the sleeves rolled up. Get the look with this gorgeous Wallis version.
4) Nothing will keep out the chill better than a fur coat, and there were plenty of them on the runways – at Donna Karan, Lanvin, Burberry Prorsum and Ralph Lauren. Achieve this sophisticated ‘40s ladylike look for yourself with a faux rabbit fur jacket from Wallis. It’s rather similar to Matthew Williamson’s fur coat - cosy and oh-so glamourous!
3) You won’t get more on-trend this season than in a dogtooth coat! For a look that’s a little subtler than Alexander McQueen’s head-to-toe houndstooth, opt for this stunning dogtooth pattern Cocoon coat. Very feminine and easily thrown on over any outfit, day and night!
2) In a season that’s usually dominated by black, it’s great to see that colour has made a comeback! The most bold and bright shades were featured at Marc Jacobs’ A/W catwalk show. I love their fun, fuchsia coat. Get you own version of this runway favourite, with the gorgeous Wallis pink wool cover-up.
1) Military madness continues, with Chloe and Luella setting this trend once again for this autumn. Combine two major looks (military and leather) in a one-stop-shop with this Wallis black double-breasted leather military jacket. This is a definite investment buy and top of the fashion charts in every way!
Visit this STYLE TALK blog later this week for more fashion and trend news.